New Patient

lipedema, lipoedema, lipodema, lymph system, lymphatic disturbances, lipedema patient stories, lipedema blogs, resources, treatments, information pages, painful fat syndrome

Moderators: jenjay, Cassie, patoco, Birdwatcher, Senior Moderators

New Patient

Postby mclinda » Sat Aug 05, 2006 7:47 pm

Greeting all,

I was recently diagnosed with lipedema and will shortly start wrapping therapy at Lahey Clinic in Burlington MA. My question is: Will I be able to work during this process? I am a bank manager so there is a strict dress code. Will my clothes fit? Will I be able to move around? Will my legs reduce? What about pain? I know I can ask my therapist but I'd like a little forewarning on what to expect. In the past 4 years I have been treated for Hodgkins Lymphoma with chemo and radiation, a massive heart attack due to an occluded stent needed because of radiation scarring and now this...I also have seen the vascular doc from hell. After a belittling appointment. he called in a NP who took one look at me and said "lipedema." Thanks in advance for any insight.

Linda
mclinda

Postby patoco » Sun Aug 06, 2006 12:57 pm

Hi Linda

Super welcome to our family here :) :!:

Your legs should reduce with the therapy and just about everyone has said they haven't really experienced any pain from it. It actually should help on that.

You should be able to work during the therapy, but that may depend on how strict the bank is going to be on you. You should check with them to see how much they'll work with you.

It could be you may have to try looser fitting full length skirts, unless they will allow pants or trousers.

My brother is a Hodgkins Lymphoma survivor too...he's been clear now for thirty years...and I have had a comple non-Hodgkin varieties.

Let us know how the treatment goes and how the bank is treating you as well.

Look forward to hearing from you.

BTW...would love for you to join us at our Lipedema blog too, we have well over a couple hundred women and men with lip....great bunch there :!:

Lipedema Lipodema Lipoedema

http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/li ... lipoedema/

Subscribe: lipedema_lipodema_lipoedema-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

Pat
patoco
Site Admin

Return to Lipedema