So I work at a summer camp.......

lymphatic fault, carpal tunnel, Sesamoiditis, Tendonitis in Foot, hot tubs, spas, jacuzzi, mattress toppers, cold weather, daily lymphedema management, Bandage Wrapping, Wrapping and Rolling

Moderators: jenjay, Cassie, patoco, Birdwatcher, Senior Moderators

So I work at a summer camp.......

Postby Sopralto37 » Wed Jun 22, 2011 12:17 am

I have primary right leg LE and work on my feet most of the day at a summer camp, should I be worried if by the end of the day my leg is much larger than when I started the day? I'm also pretty worried about mosquito bites: how many would it take to get super bad? I used Bacitracin on them after I washed my leg and the itching seemed to go mostly away, but there are about 5 bites on the leg. The bugs seem to be attracted to my stocking, any hints?
Sopralto37

Re: So I work at a summer camp.......

Postby patoco » Wed Jun 22, 2011 8:07 am

Hey Sopralto

Wow...very cool job though. I would love that. You should always - always use something on your legs that will prevent the mosquitoes from biting. Actually, an all over spray would be very good. Those mosquito bites can lead to some serious infections - been there done that. I grew up in central/southern Florida and we were the mosquitoes main meal.

BTW, it isn't the number of bites you get - it's what bacteria is in a bite. You may have several that might carry nothing harmful - but its that next one that sends you to the hospital.

Your leg is going to be larger in the evening then it is in the morning. That's pretty much normal for all of us.

Also, you really really need to be using some type of compression garment (is that the stocking you mention?) - or bandaging since you are on your feet all day. That would help on the size.

I wish you super well on this job - just change how you do a couple things and :) carry on :!: :!:

Pat
patoco
Site Admin

Postby Sopralto37 » Fri Jun 24, 2011 11:11 pm

Oh I definitely have an elvarex compression stocking. You think it's still okay to put that spray on the stocking or should I spray my leg before putting it on?
Sopralto37

Postby patoco » Sat Jun 25, 2011 8:42 am

It should probably be ok just to spray the bandage itself.

I so used to love going camping as a child. We lived in Florida and had a fishing cabin on the Withlacoochee river. We younguns would grab our machetes and hack trails through the swamps. Fishing, camping, trail blazing - just doesn't get any better for a young person.

Pat
patoco
Site Admin

Return to Our Daily Lives with Lymphedema